Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day 1 - Who Knew?

 Day one is in the books and other than feeling sleepy and enjoying a nap, the day went smoothly and the meals were quite enjoyable (thanks, Matt). And who knew that I could eat so many vegetables in one day and feel satisfied? The daily menu allows for a snack during the day. I passed it up today as I didn't feel hungry.
Lots of water!

I'm sure drinking a gallon of water a day helps curb hunger. :)

The recipes are tasty and easy to follow. I love the homemade salad dressings. Don't think I will ever really want to use store bought dressings again. The creamy garlic we made today is delicious! And it is the first time I have had scrambled eggs with herbs - just lovely!

      This first week - Phase 1 - is referred to as Phase 1. RECLAIM - The Beachbody Guide defines it as "reclaim[ing] your body, accessing its inner chemistry and preparing for change."
Slowly remove foods - red meat, dairy - known to place stress on digestive system
Breakfast PHASE 1

An interesting fact I learned from the program - water can slow down the digestive system (dilute digestive juices and acids). This can cause digestive problems. The fix? Drink your water 5-10 minutes before eating (8-12 oz glass). The idea is to chew your food so many times that you don't have to "wash it down" with liquid as it becomes liquid.

On the Ultimate Refresh, you drink distilled water and add the Mineralize.

The Nutrition Guide explains all of the how and why of the program.

So, I'll leave you with another interesting fact: chewing gum deceives your digestive system and causes to prepare for the coming food - only there is none.

Looking forward to tomorrow's meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment