Monday, July 20, 2015

New Discoveries

Bisque
Ultimate Reset Phase 2, Day 9

So many new and delicious recipes. Amazing. So many foods that I never thought I would like. Such a wonderful feeling to leave a meal feeling satisfied - not stuffed. To feel energetic and motivated, not tired and dragging.

The Bisque tonight was wonderful and it included red peppers, one of those foods I never would have tried before. The recipe follows:

SWEET POTATO AND ROASTED RED PEPPER BISQUE
(makes one serving)

1 cup water
1 medium sweet potato (or yam), pealed, cubed
1/4 medium red bell pepper
1 tsp. finely grated ginger root
1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. miso paste, mixed with 2 Tbsp. hot water
1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
Bragg Liquid Aminos (or Himalayan salt, to taste, optional)
Herbal seasoning blend (to taste, optional)

Bring water to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat, add sweet potatoes, cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain. Set aside. roast bell pepper on grill or gas stovetop. Turn frequently until skin is evenly charred. Place in medium bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel for 10 minutes. Peel skin under running water. Remove seeds. Chop into 1/2 inch cubes.

Place sweet potato, bell pepper, oil, miso, and broth in a blender or food processor, in 2 or more batches if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until smooth, if consistency is too thick, add water. Heat soup in a medium saucepan over medium heat, cool, stirring frequently for 4 to 5 minutes, or until hot. Add Bragg Liquid Aminos and seasoning blend if desired.

We adjusted the recipe a bit. First doubling it, and then baking the sweet potatoes in the oven. We also broiled red pepper to char skin. 

As for phase 2, day 9, still not hungry or needing to snack throughout the day. I will admit that I look forward to my vegan ShakeO for snack time! I love the stuff, even when I can only mix it with distilled, mineralized water!

Feeling strong, ready to exercise, but I know that my body is working out on the inside right now, and I need to give it a chance to detox. Friends coming in tomorrow. I am sure we will take several walks over the next few days! And I will continue eating only vegetables and fruit throughout the meals. Interestingly, though dinner tomorrow night will include smoked ribs and sausage (and I DO love my husband's cooking, especially smoked), I will be able to enjoy the company and dinner without eating any of the meat.

Did take a nap this afternoon; I seem to be sleeping so much better than I used to. Find myself staying up later (11 or 12) but still waking up by 7 or so each day. I DO NOT miss that nagging tired feeling of never having enough sleep and always feeling sluggish.


Enjoying time outside each day, especially with the last few days of cool, crisp mornings!

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment