Sunday, July 26, 2015

Phase 2 Results and Beyond

So how far have I gotten? As of this morning I have lost 13.4 pounds and a combined 10 inches from my waist and hips. Can only image what the next week will bring. As I enter into phase 3, I can already feel a change both emotionally and physically. I am more than pleased with results so far and excited about the number of new recipes I have encountered and enjoyed.

The Ultimate Reset Phase 3 is known as Restore. The detox is complete and the Retvitalize supplement is added (still using the optimize, alkalize, and soothe as well). This newest supplement combines both pro- and prebiotics to help maintain the right environment for healthy intestinal flora, providing the environment needed for them to grow. In this phase meals consist of fruits and vegetables (some whole grains for snack if needed - I drink my Shakeology as a snack).

So again, how far have I gotten? When I began the Reset, I could go for weeks without a single fruit or vegetable serving. Just didn't care for most of it. The Shakeology helps, but it doesn't replace eating whole foods. And here I am about to begin a week with only fruits and vegetables with no worries. The recipes have really been an asset in my learning to eat cleanly.

One of the recipes I used when my friends came to visit, and they really liked it, so I am sharing that one this evening.

QUINOA SALAD
(makes one serving)

Ingredients
½ cup cooked quinoa (see recipe on pg. 93)
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Himalayan salt (to taste; optional)
Bragg Liquid Aminos (to taste; optional)
½ medium tomato, diced
½ medium cucumber, peeled, diced
2 Tbsp. pitted, chopped Kalamata olives
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint leaves

Directions
Combine quinoa, oil, and lemon juice, plus salt and Bragg Liquid Aminos (if desired), in a medium bowl; mix well.
Add tomato, cucumber, and olives; toss gently to blend.
Gently fold in parsley and mint.
Let salad marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before serving.


 Day 1 of phase 3 has been a good one. Up early and no naps. Mowing the lawn tonight and working a bit of exercise into this next week. Pulling up Tai Chen on Beachbody on Demand tomorrow. That and mowing may prove too much for one evening. :)

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment