Thursday, July 23, 2015

Adjusting As Able

This photo of TEXAS Outdoor Musical is courtesy of TripAdvisor.

Wonderful few days with friends sometimes equates to missing blog posts :) . Just spent the last two days with my two best friends. We decided a few years ago to get together every summer (since we moved to different cities about 7 years ago). When I decided to do the Reset, we had already made plans (but it was really the only time I could Reset before school begins in August), so I decided I would just have to do my very best those three days, and I hung tight for the most part. Avoided meat and bread even though we had already bought chuck wagon dinner tickets to eat before attending the musical TEXAS in Palo Duro Canyon.


 It may have seemed a little strange to the server, but I did not partake of the meat (3 different possibilities). Had beans and a little cole slaw as I did not know what the ingredients were. A couple of squirts of BB sauce on the beans (this is NOT on the Reset). For dinner the first night, I asked my husband to still cook the brisket, ribs, and roast (lots of meat, but he's a good cook, and we share the food with my parents and daughter as well) we had originally planned along with roasted garlic broccoli, quinoa salad (reset recipe), and beans. I ate the quinoa salad and broccoli and a few beans. While hanging out with the girls, I stuck to salads (though I did put a little 1000 Island on one). Ate out with my husband and daughter and had soup and salad (french onion soup without the cheese and a house salad with balsamic vinegar dressing - forgot to tell the waitress to take off the cheese, tried to eat around it, but finally just ate it as it was very LITTLE cheese). Though I feel like I managed well overall (with support and encouragement from my buddies and family), I would advise anyone tackling the Reset to try avoid having "plans" during that time. I was really thankful when I got home and had complete control over all of my meals. Keeping up the water intake also proved difficult. And I could feel the difference. However, I am thankful for the wonderful visit and thankful for the changes the Reset is making in my life.

Hard to believe that I am only two days away from completing Phase II. This phase has definitely been different as the detoxing has truly begun. Throughout the week, I have found myself to be bloated or gassy. Understanding this is an indication that the Reset is working its magic, I am able to hang tight. However, this Reset is gentle in that it does not have one running back and forth to the bathroom afraid to leave the house! Moving through daily regular activities does not prove to be a problem at all. Just have to remember not to consider the weight at this point until the end of the cleanse as the bloating has the tendency to create a sense of extra weight.

Nori Rolls with Tempeh & veggies
RESET RECIPE

NORI ROLLS WITH TEMPEH AND VEGGIES
(Makes 2 servings)

1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 strip smoky tempeh strips (or baked tempeh)
1 sheet Nori seaweed
1/3 cup cooked brown rice
1/4 medium avocado, sliced
1/4 medium carrot, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
1/4 cucumber, but into thin strips
1 1/2 tsp. Nori Gomasio (recipe tomorrow), to taste

Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp. Place nori on cutting board, Top with rice , covering half the nori lengthwise.

To with tempeh, avocado, carrot, and cucumber. Sprinkle wit nori gomasio if desired. Roll up from bottom, being careful not to tear nori. Wet end of nori to seal; cut into six slices.

Until tomorrow -



No comments:

Post a Comment