Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Second Shelf


Moving toward bottom shelf!
The amount of weight I lost this week is about the same as the picture on the second shelf (9.5 pounds and a total of 5.5 inches on waist and hips). Sublime! And in a regular week, even with clean eating, this is not the norm. This Reset works in a healthy manner because of the science behind the supplements and the chosen foods. It is amazing what can happen when the toxins are removed from the body.

SEE PICTURES OF AND INFO ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS BELOW.

But even more important than the weight loss is the way I feel - lighter in general (inside and out). And a fog is lifting.

 My only regret is that I didn't listen and do this sooner! First, I didn't want to spend the money. What a joke. How much money did I waste on processed, fast food? How much wasted on sugary products? On lost time and energy? This is the only body I will ever have. Why do I find it so easy to spend money on some many other "things" when they are unnecessary and definitely not going to affect my health - at least not in a positive manner.

Second, I did not wish to give up the foods I "love," and I definitely didn't want to sustain myself on mostly fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I don't even like a lot of fruits and vegetables.

So what changed? I wish to be healthy; I'm tired of being tired! I want to feel good!

The kicker? The meals are enjoyable; I am learning that there are many foods out there (especially cooked in just the right manner) that I actually enjoy eating! And those foods I love? I can still have them once in a while - just don't think I am going to miss them that much! Please know it amazes me that I can even say this. But this IS one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself and my health. And I will NOT go back.

On to PHASE 2 - RELEASE
       The guide notes, "you begin to release the toxic compounds that are stored within your tissues, clogging your cells and blocking proper nutrient absorption. This phase includes a gentle colon cleanse. You'll now be eating a fully vegetarian diet."

  The surprise? I don't mind! Day 1 of phase 2 is done, and I did not miss meat at all. Who knew? OK, so several people have told me this (including my hubby).

For the first day, I still woke up about 7, but after breakfast, I found myself needing to sleep a bit more. However, the rest of the day has been great - even mowed the back yard. I am beginning to physically feel the changes, and they are lovely!


A recipe from the Reset -
      I use the following dressing on all my salads (though there are several other recipes):

                  CREAMY GARLIC DRESSING
(makes 10 servings, about 2 Tbsp each)

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp raw honey (or pure maple syrup)

Place oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, salt, mustard, and honey in a blender or food processor, cover with lid. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate dressing if not using immediately. If dressing solidifies when cold, hold at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir before serving.

Enjoy!



Until tomorrow

         






No comments:

Post a Comment