Saturday, July 18, 2015

One Down

Ultimate Reset Phase 1, Day 7 - WOW

Hard to believe that week one is complete. Even harder to believe my results at this point. Will share tomorrow as I will do final weigh and measure for week one in the morning.

One of the most fascinating aspects of this Reset is the myriad of feelings both mental and physical. Woke up about 7. These days when I wake up, I get up. That alone is amazing, since I don't have to head off to work. Felt rather tired while at the same time thinking about exercising. More peaceful, less stressful. And the naps? None! Not because I'm forcing myself to stay awake but because I don't need or want one. Finally had to do something, so I wandered out to mow the lawn. Not supposed to exercise, but it really felt good. Even though I felt unable to mow the back until tomorrow, I also felt strong, with a desire to do more. It's as if my body is living in a paradox all its own.

Scrappy still needs a nap. :)
Usually when I am home during the summer, I snack all day long - and I'm not talking nutritious. But the cleaner I eat, the less I desire more. This is all so fascinating as I would never have believed I could actually be content without bread, cheese, or some sugar.

The next two phases are meatless, dairy-less, and completely sugarless (except for fruit). But instead of dreading the next two weeks, I am looking forward to the continual changes to come.

Right now the most difficult part of this Reset is the time to shop and cook for three meals a day. However, thanks to Matt, I am beginning to really learn something about the culinary arts.

Info about phase two in the next blog.



Until tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment