Monday, May 19, 2014

Sweets, treats, and More Sweets - Just say NO

     Sweets, treats, and more sweets - all on the second day of the 21 Day Fix. And NONE of those have a colored container. First, there is a small party for one of the teachers and homemade chocolate cake - avoided, then a student tells me she has a white chocolate bar for me as a thank you for my uil help this year (but it concerned I might not want it as she has realized I am trying to avoid sweets). I took it, of course, and let her know that I would just have a few pieces at a time (but I didn't start today). Next, I realize my aide put cookie dough in my class fridge (I ordered it from her several weeks ago for her cheerleader fundraiser).
     Then, I am offered an opportunity, not once but twice, to go have lunch (never happens on a school day - only 30 minute lunch time normally). But I packed my containers this morning and stuck with them. So I consider this day a success (I exercised this morning) and hope to eventually reach a point where these occurrences and not such a temptation in the first place.
     The exercise this morning was tough - but that's ok as it gives me room to grow and see progress. One day at a time - day two down - and sweet temptations avoided.


No comments:

Post a Comment