Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Not Next Monday - Now

Today is one of those days when I would be tempted to get frustrated with myself and wonder if I was really going to be able to complete my task - not any more! I can do this - and I will do this - it's about not giving up and making changes to avoid the same mistakes again. 

They day began much later than intended - hence, no workout. Ok, decided to make this my rest day and get back on top of the exercise tomorrow. Then I managed to make it through the entire day without eating ANY of the candy or chips the principals had for us in the lounge. Not too bad so far. Unfortunately, I let the last part of the day get the better of me and ate part of a chocolate bar and a brownie - justification - made with lots of protein. 

So tomorrow is a new day - I will approach it differently in some respects while appreciating the positive steps I took today. 

Missteps - chocolate and brownie, not up in the morning to exercise
     Will be up tomorrow - will keep foods not best for me out of the house.

Positives - 100 ounces of water
                  Lots of walking and steps at work
                  Previously, I would have eating the brownie AND the chips, candy at work. I would have perceived the inablity to get up and get moving this morning as a failure - no more! It's a stumble. And i have made so many more positive steps. 

Remembering it is about the journey - if it was going to be easy, I would have mastered it a long time ago. 

No more "next Monday" - it's all about the challenges and changes today and on into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment